Six Bridges Over I-676 Now Under Construction
Six bridges over I-676 are now under construction, including the overpasses at 21st Street and 22nd Street. PennDOT is replacing seven bridges over I-676 in Center City Philadelphia…Read more
PennDOT investing millions
in I-676 bridges in Center City
PennDOT is investing almost $65 million in federal transportation funds for the replacement of seven structurally deficient bridges over Interstate 676 in Philadelphia to enhance travel and safety on I-676 and on surface streets adjacent to the interstate.
Parkway intersection improvements
will benefit pedestrians
Significant changes at the east end of Philly’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway, including pedestrian improvements to the sprawling intersection at 20th Street, will create a more pleasant walking experience for the millions of visitors who each year enjoy the Parkway’s many cultural and entertainment offerings.
Top side public space improvements
a team effort
PennDOT held or attended more than 80 meetings with representatives from the City and the Parkway's cultural and residential community during the project’s planning stage. This interaction helped shape the numerous public space improvements that will take place on the top side.
- I-676 West Ramp to I-76 East to Close for Bridge Inspection Next Two Weekends
- I-676 to Close at Night Next Week in Philadelphia for Bridge Construction
- PennDOT Starts Rebuilding of 22nd, 21st Street Bridges Over I-676
- Construction Update: Fall 2016
- Northbound 20th Street Traffic Pattern over I-676 Shifts East